Chair: Tammy Farrier
The Governance Committee is established to oversee that the Corporation’s policies and procedures will comply with applicable government regulations, sound nonprofit standards and the Corporation’s mission. The Governance Committee shall have only the duties delegated to it by these Bylaws or otherwise delegated to it by the Board of Directors. The Governance Committee shall not act as a replacement for the Board. This committee’s responsibilities include the following:
- Recruitment and Nominations. The Governance Committee will identify needs and new strengths and skills required of the Board of Directors to advance the Corporation’s mission. Using this analysis, this committee shall lead recruitment, review and nomination of new Directors for the Board to consider.
- Board and Officer Nominations. The Governance Committee will (a) propose candidates to the Board through the Executive Committee, who will advance the Corporation’s mission, (b) identify candidates to serve as officers of the Corporation and (c) present to the Board no later than the regular meeting of the Board that immediately precedes the annual meeting of the Board, a slate of candidates for election to regular two (2) year terms as Directors and for regular one (1) year terms as officers of the Corporation. The Board shall not be limited to the selection of the persons nominated by the Governance Committee and may nominate and elect such other person(s) it deems appropriate.
- Advisory Committee Nominations. The Governance Committee may, from time to time, propose members for Advisory Committee positions.
- Bylaws. The Governance Committee will determine at least once per year whether any changes to the Bylaws are required or advisable due to changes in state or federal law. Any such proposed changes shall be brought to the Board for consideration and approval.
- Board Performance. The Governance Committee will lead an annual self-assessment of the Board of Directors.
- CEO Evaluation. The Governance Committee will oversee that the annual review of the CEO is conducted by the Chairperson of the Board in consultation with the Executive Committee, pursuant to Bylaws Article VI, Section 9.